Are you considering breast augmentation surgery? There are many decisions ahead. At the forefront of most people’s minds is choosing the perfect size, and the choice between saline and silicone. However, before you get ahead of yourself, choosing an experienced plastic surgeon is arguably the most important factor for a successful breast augmentation surgery. So, how do you choose?
Deciding on which plastic surgeon to perform a breast augmentation is serious. There are some doctors that you will immediately feel a connection. Their charm and confidence manifest instant trust. This can be a good thing, but first take a pause. There are doctors who are more salesperson than an experienced surgeon. Almost every cosmetic surgery horror storing was because the doctor had a greater ability to sell themselves than perform the procedure. With this in mind, we are providing some advice for picking an experienced plastic surgeon.
- Board Certification – Ask if the surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Some people wrongly assume any doctor performing a breast augmentation is certified to for the procedure. In reality, any surgeon can legally do a breast augmentation. Board certification ensures your doctor has completed specialized training in plastic surgery.
- History – Would you choose a doctor if you knew they were sued? Most people would probably respond that it would depend on the circumstance. However, it is something important in making a decision. The State Medical Board of Ohio allows you to look up licensee information, including formal action.
- Hospital Privileges – Even if you are having the procedure in an outpatient clinic, it is worth asking if the doctor has hospital privileges. Why is this important? It is because hospitals perform background checks. Not having hospital privileges is a possible red flag.
Additionally, ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable. If you are coming in for a breast augmentation, it should be a regular procedure for that surgeon. Here are some examples:
- How long have you been a plastic surgeon?
- How often do you perform breast augmentations?
- What are the risks of breast augmentation surgery?
- Can I see before and after photos of breast augmentations you performed?
- Can you provide a list of references of patients who received breast augmentation?
Remember, there are no stupid questions. What haven’t we covered that is important to you? If you would like to talk more about choosing the right surgeon for breast augmentation surgery, or need more information, please contact us.
The post Choosing the Right Surgeon for Breast Augmentation Surgery appeared first on Doctor +.