John Farrier (from Tipp City) developed IT asset management methodologies while negotiating IT Software Contracts with Fortune 500 companies while working for LexisNexis. Those methodologies are being formalized into a new professional certificate offering at Wright State University. John is working with Dr. Vikram Sethi of the Wright State University Institute of Defense Studies and Education to develop the executive certification program. The entire content of the program has not yet been finalized but it is centered on IT Asset Acquisition Methodologies, Contract Negotiation, and IT Asset Management.
Some of the topics covered will be:
• The Importance of Having a Software Acquisition Policy
• Developing the Business Case for the IT Asset
• Calculating Total Cost of Ownership (TCO – Developing A Model)
• Developing a Risk Management Worksheet – A Suggested Model
• Contact Negotiations Hints and Tips
• A Suggested Software Tracking Database Schema
• Licensing Models – Which One is Right for You?
• Contract Renewals
• Tracking Benefits
• Software and Asset Disposal
The goal is to have a first offering for this certificate in the Fall of 2012. Please watch for the official announcement of the program.
If you know of any company or organization that would like to partner with WSU to establish a pilot program, please contact John Farrier (email@example.com)