Tipp City Public Library has more good news for readers. The library has added BookLetters, an e-newsletter service which provides all the input anyone could need when looking for the right book.
To sign up for the e-newsletter service, simply visit the library’s website at http://www.tippcitylibrary.org, and click on the BookLetters link. At that page, readers may choose from 25 different categories of booklists and recommendations, and a huge amount of information to suit every reader’s tastes or needs.
Adults searching in BookLetters will find the latest information about bestsellers, book club titles, romance novels, science fiction and fantasy, books on audio, Spanish titles, and many other categories. Parents and children will find a wealth of information by using the service to learn about picture books, chapter books and what’s happening in the literary world of teens.
The “Chapter A Day” selection will please everyone who enjoys relaxing while being read too. There, BookLetters offers one chapter on audio each day from a popular or critically acclaimed title. Now through mid-March, just visit the link to hear daily chapters from All Brave Sailors: The Sinking of the Anglo Saxon, 1940 written by J. Revell Carr and read by Norman Gilliland.
BookLetters makes it so simple for readers to get their hands on the books of their choice by providing a quick link to the library’s catalog where they can reserve almost any item. Subscribe to any of these BookLetters and many more options, and have all of the information waiting in your e-mail inbox. Check out BookLetters today.
PROGRAMS AT A GLANCE
Many ongoing programs and services are on the calendar for the upcoming week. Call
The library at 667-3826, stop in at 11 E. Main St., or visit the calendar link at http://www.tippcitylibrary.org for more details about:
• Monday, Feb. 25 at 10 a.m. – Lap Story time is planned for two year-olds.
• Monday, Feb 25 from 4 to 8 p.m. – Visit the AARP Tax-Aide helpers (by appointment only – 845-3014).
• Monday, Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. – The adult book discussion group meets to consider The Fig Eater by Jody Shields.
• Wednesday, Feb. 27 at 9:30 a.m. – Little Ducklings Story Time is set for infants 12 to 23 months.
• Wednesday, Feb 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Visit the AARP Tax-Aide helpers, (walk-ins welcome).
• Thursday, Feb. 28 at 7 p.m. – Tipp City Public Library Board of Trustees meet.