Tipp Schools Facilities Planning Commission Hosts Community Meeting

0
1136

By MICHAEL SHANNON

Record Herald Writer

Courtesy of the Weekly Record Herald; Printed on 3-16-12

TIPP CITY – The Tipp City Schools Facilities Planning Commission hosted a community meeting March 13 at the high school. The committees goal is to put together a five year master plan to submit to the Ohio Schools Facilities Commission (OSFC). They want to get community’s input on what to build or renovate on current facilities.
Twenty-three people filled out surveys. Sixteen were members of the community, and the other seven were staff members.
“The feedback was very positive, but 23 is just not a large enough number,” said Sheryl Brownlee, School Community Relations Coordinator.
The community responded that they felt the middle and elementary school buildings are out dated.
The most popular suggestion was to tear down Nevin Coppock, Broadway elementary, and L T Ball Intermediate. The plan would be to remodel and add onto the middle school, and house kindergarden through eighth grade in that location. However, no official decision has been made.
“We have to put together a master plan if we want to build one school, or two schools, or even one school. Also, we need to do other things like a stadium.” Brownlee said.
Once a decision has been made, the district will submit it to the OSFC in Colombus. If the OSFC chooses Tipp Schools for the project, then a bond would be presented to the voters.
The bond would cover 70 percent of the total construction cost, and the remaining 30 percent will be covered by OSFC.
For more information or to fill out a survey, visit www.tippcityschools.com or call Sheryl Brownlee at (937) 669-6302.

 

###

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here