What: Music Festival befitting the Needy Basket of Miami County
Where: Tipp City Eagle’s Park
When: 2 – 11 p.m. on Saturday, September 5, 2015 (gate opens at 2 p.m., music starts at 3 p.m.)
Tippapalooza 2015 is the fourth annual music festival to benefit local charities created by a group of local musicians. It all started with a group of guys, some experienced musicians and some novices, just getting together to jam. The desire to play music with others and promote local talent lead to the idea of a music festival, and Tippapalooza was born. Each year, the number and caliber of musicians participating in Tippapalooza has grown with this year’s lineup including:
- Colin Richards (young musician with an old soul whose style is both classic folk and classic rock)
- Cover it Up (classic rock and country cover band)
- Cory Breth (singer/guitarist who plays originals as well as acoustic covers with his own twist)
- Free to a Good Home (a three-piece from Dayton that plays anything that pleases them)
- Mo Blues (blues themed band that also plays rock, funk, Motown, and some country)
- The Bärflies (playing an eclectic mix of rock and roll covers)
The venue is family friendly, as it includes a playground, basketball court, sand volley ball, and plenty of space for kids to run around. Parking is free and plentiful. Admission to the event is just $5 per person (14 years and older). The musicians and many volunteers donate their time for a good cause, as the profit from this event is donated to The Needy Basket of Miami County, a food pantry located in Tipp City. Concessions will be available from Tarzinski Catering and will feature hamburgers, hotdogs, pulled chicken, soft pretzels, and veggie burgers. Barefoot Sno Shack will also be on site selling flavorful shaved ice treats.
For further details, go to www.tippapalooza.com
Media requests: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Bill Wendel (937-657-2536). Photos from past events are available.
NOTE: This event is not affiliated with either the City of Tipp City or the Fraternal Order of Eagles.