The Downtown Tipp City Partnership has been working hard on several fronts to make the downtown more appealing. One area is downtown parking – you may have seen the new parking signs going up around the downtown. These are the result of our group presenting a formal parking report to the city.
Here is where the new Public Parking signs will be:
- At the Methodist Church at Third and Main (the church can close the lot to the public for private events)
- Along Broadway (to encourage parking in the off-street lots)
- In the eastern half of the Town and Country Grocery lot (this was part of an agreement worked out between Town and Country, the City and Harrison’s)
- At the Eagles lot (still to come once a few issues are ironed out)
- At the Lutheran church at Third and Main (still to come after construction is completed)
These new signs will clearly indicate where parking is allowed in the downtown – a real improvement for Tipp City’s downtown merchants, who need easily accessible parking for their customers. What helps our downtown merchants helps our citizens – who really wants to drive to Target for everything?